July 9, 2006

ABC Meme

Boomama tagged me for this. It's the first time I've been tagged ;-)

Accent: Well, I don't think I have one! But anyone north of DC would surely disagree. BTW, I wish I had a "Bahstan" accent ("Pahk ya cahr in Haavad yahd.") Love it.

Bible Book that I like: I like them all (okay...all the ones that I've read). If I had to pick just one, it would be Luke. I really like the way Luke told the stories of Jesus in such detail. I can almost picture everything as it happened.

Chore I don't care for: I'm with Boomama on this one...cleaning the bathrooms. It was one of my weekly chores growing up, and now I have an aversion to it.

Dog or Cat: Dog

Essential Electronics: Computer, cell phone & Palm.

Favorite Movie: I'm a sucker for chick-flicks. "Sweet Home Alabama", "You've Got Mail", "Sleepless in Seattle", & "When Harry Met Sally" are all faves. I also adore "Second Hand Lions". If you haven't seen that one, rent it quick. It's a great story.

Gold or Silver: Silver

Handbag I Carry Most Often: Right now, it's a Vera Bradley bucket tote in the breast-cancer awareness pattern for this year. In September, it will be my new VB backpack in a brown & blue paisley.

Insomnia: Not even a little bit.

Job Title: Full-time Paralegal & part-time Southern Living at Home consultant. Those are the jobs I receive monetary compensation for. The most rewarding jobs are wife, mother & friend.

Kids: 1 girl - 7 1/2 years old.

Living Arrangements: R built our new home 3 years ago. We're in a neighborhood built around a pond. When I look across the street, I see the pond. When I go out on the back porch (it's DONE!), I see a corn field. Pretty interesting, quiet spot to live...and we love it. In case you haven't guessed...we're in a small town.

Most Memorable Moment: Last fall, we took CJ to the beach for a local festival. After we walked around, ate, and played putt-putt, we took a blanket out on the beach & watched fireworks over the ocean. CJ said, "This is the best day of my life." I don't think I'll ever forget that as long as I live.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Once, my brother & I found a bottle of iodine. He had the bright idea to pour it over my hand & tell my parents I'd cut myself. My mother nearly fainted. My dad failed to see the humor in our prank. I wonder why?

Phobia: Snakes!

Overnight Hospital Stays: Maybe 3 as a child for kidney problems. 3 as an adult, too.

Quote: Maya Angelou: "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."

Religion: There's a book entitled "More Jesus, Less Religion." That's what we all need.

Siblings: Older brother & younger sister.

Time I Wake Up: Somewhere between 6:15 & 8:30, depending on what day it is (and what time I went to bed).

Unusual Talent: None that I can think of.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Butter beans (for non-Southerners, that would be lima beans)

Worst Habit: I procrastinate like crazy. I have a terrible habit of stacking things, rather than putting them away. And, I'm always reading 3 books at one time!

X-rays: Yep. Even more ultrasounds, though.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: R loves my homemade spaghetti sauce.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: I'm more of a Sea World gal.

WHEW! That was long! I tag Rebekah, Amanda & Kelli.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Okay, I've posted my ABC Meme. Head on over.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Loved your imitation accent; book you referenced sounds intriguing and like you I'm usually reading 3 at once. Loved your quote too.

Barb said...

First I have to tell you I'm so jealous you figured out how to make the Harbor template work. It's my favorite.

Second, YES - Second Hand Lions. A great, great movie.

And it sounds like the place you live is heaven on earth. A pond, sigh..a cornfield, sigh...lucky you.

And Maya Angelou is a wise, wise woman. I have all her books.

Melissa said...

Barb,

Believe me...I didn't make the Harbor template work. I just clicked on it & there it was. Is anyone writing a book called "Blogging for Dummies"? I'm so there!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Second Hand Lions!

Also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our neighborhood. It's very unique and also very quiet.