August 17, 2006

13 Things I Love About My Husband


1. He's my best friend.

2. He's a fun person to hang around with. He's been with me to gaze at the Paris skyline from the
Eiffel Tower. Held my hand as we walked the streets of NYC shortly after 9/11. And sat beside me on a Duck Tour in Boston. Whether we're spending 18 hours together in a car (in one weekend), flying across the "big pond", getting lost on our honeymoon, or turning the search for a Christmas tree into a weekend affair...our adventures have always been fun.

3. He watches
"Iron Chef America" & "Throwdown with Bobby Flay", and actually enjoys it.

4. He nursed me through 5 surgeries in 4 years. He took care of everything for me. Heck, the man even shaved my legs! Now THAT's true love!



(Here's the handsome guy on a trip to NYC)

5. He's patient. Not one of my virtues. Not even close to being one of my virtues. But he's got it in spades. I guess the Holy Spirit gave Randy my portion of that particular fruit of the spirit.

6. He's got great legs, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Years ago, some friends watching him play softball dubbed him "Legs". (Once at a softball game, our pastor's toddler got confused on the nickname & yelled out, "Go, Foot!")

7. He's devoted, faithful and loyal to those he loves.

8. He calls me and CJ "his girls". He loves to take care of us ~ from backscratches to foot rubs, to killing spiders and snakes. The man can do it all and, believe, me, he's had to.

9. He introduced me to Jesus. There's no way I can thank him enough for that. At least I can spend eternity trying, though!

10. He goes to spin class with me & is encouraging me as I try to lose weight.

11. He cherishes me. He may not bring me flowers, write poetry, serenade me, or wine & dine me, but I know, without a doubt, that he loves me. That I'm an important part of his life. That he doesn't want to live without me. Knowing that makes my heart melt. (correction: I meant to say he may not ALWAYS do these things. He hardly ever brings me flowers, NEVER writes me poetry or serenades me, but he occasionally wines & dines me...as much as our schedules & wallets allow!)

12. He's great with kids. (I think it's because he's a big one himself!) CJ's friends & cousins all love him to pieces, and he's always willing to play with them.

13. He supports me in whatever I do. Whether it's giving me time to prepare my Sunday School lesson, lead a Bible study, work on my Southern Living at Home business, exercise, or minister to a friend...he's usually willing to do what it takes to help me do it.

I am one very, very, very blessed woman!



13 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Such a nice tribute to your husband. #4 - quite the guy. My husband painted my toenails late in pregnancy, and I thought that was above and beyond. I'm impressed you trusted him to shave your legs! #9 - obviously God intended all along for you two to get together!

PS Making the angel food and pineapple cake today - thanks!

Barb said...

"Go, Foot!" How cute is that? Any man who'd shave your legs for you is a keeper. You express yourself so well, I could just feel how much you love him. If he sees this, his chest is going to puff WAY out.

What's this angel food and pineapple cake my sister mentioned? OK, I'm off to find it.

Tammy said...

That is a neat guy you have!

When I clicked on your site, I had to do a double-take...my most recent post is 13 things I love about my husband! Only I didn't do it as a Thurs 13, but wrote it in honor of the 13 years since the day we met. So seeing your post made me blink a few times and drink a couple more sips of coffee to make sure it wasn't my post! :)

I hope you check mine out too...but I in the meantime I wanted to say that I think it's so wonderful that he led you to knowing Jesus! That is the ultimate gift!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Great TT!! Yay for such a sweet hubby happy TT

Southern Girl said...

Aww, this was a beautiful TT! He sounds like a keeper. ;)

My TT is up, too:
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

Southerninspiration said...

wow, how ever did you find Mr. Wonderful??? Sounds like a great man to me. Found you thru Boomama, and by the way, I'm a SLaHOME consultant in TX...take care.

Cat. said...

Wow, what a guy! If you want to embarrass him you can give him this list for his birthday! :-)

Happy TT.

Sandra said...

What a great tribute to your husband :)

Just found your blog, I'm here from Bev's :)

Have a wonderful day,
Sandra

GiBee said...

Aaawe!! He's a keeper! Go foot!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet tribute! He sounds a lot like my hubby...definitely a keeper!

Melissa said...

Bev, I had no choice but to trust him to shave my legs (he even offered!)...I couldn't stand going to the dr. without doing it, and I was very pregnant (and very sore from surgery), so I was happy to accept the help!

All of you are right...he's a great catch. I'm so blessed. God put us together. He's not perfect (nor am I), but we're perfect for each other.

MFEO - Made for each other. Quick...tell me the movie!

Changed by His Love said...

I did my TT about my husband too...because his birthday is this weekend! :) You are very blessed! He introduced you to Jesus?? WOW...that's connection.
Keep following the Lord's will.
My TT is up! Come stop by!

Just Nancy said...

Sounds like a great guy. It always amazes me that there are really a lot of wonderful Christian men out there and yet rarely do you see them represented in media!

My TT is up, too, and I hope your cable is fixed soon!