April 1, 2007

40 by 40 Scriptures

"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." --Deuteronomy 4:9

"I tell you, " he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."-- Luke 19:40

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." -- Matthew 21:22

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" -Romans 6:1-2

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul. --Psalm 23:2-3

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." -- Ephesians 2:10

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. -Zephaniah 3:17

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6


Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.My father will love him, and we will come to him and make our homewith him." -John 14:23