April 8, 2007

An Interview with Shalee

Against my better judgment, I agreed for Shalee to interview me. (Just kidding!) She came up with some great questions...real stumpers! Let me tell you, this girl did her homework!

So, here goes!

If your favorite author came to dinner, what would you serve to her? No ordering out!

Well, Shalee was right. My favorite author is a woman, Jane Austen. I would probably serve her my best "company meal". Chicken Divan by Paula Deen, grilled asparagus, and baked sweet potatoes. And, of course, being the Southern gal I am, sweet tea! Dessert would be another Paula specialty, Gooey Butter Cake (seriously, if you haven't tried this recipe, you MUST!) and coffee.

What literary character do you think most represents your personality?

Hmm...probably Jo March from "Little Women"....very outspoken, passionate about writing, and always opening her big mouth to get into trouble!

Describe your favorite high school memory.

High school wasn't the best time of my life. I think if I had to choose a favorite memory, it would be right after I broke up with my first boyfriend. My brother actually took me out for a night(first and last time). He was (and is) a man of few words, but that seemingly simple action showed me exactly how much he cared about me.

If you could meet three people, alive or dead, who would they be?

Well, many of the people I want to meet, I know I'll meet in Heaven. So, I'm going to go with people I'm not sure I'll meet there. Thomas Jefferson, Jane Austen, and Katharine Hepburn.

If money were no object, which charity would you benefit the most?

Samaritan's Purse. I'm amazed by what Franklin Graham's doing for people, particularly children, around the world who need to know Jesus. If you're not familiar with the ministry, please check it out. Request the Christmas catalog. It's one of our favorite familiy traditions.

Okay...if anyone's brave enough to be interviewed by me, let me know in the comments!


Melissa

4 comments:

Shalee said...

Oh, these are great answers! Yeah, I'd probably be a Jo or a Lizzy too.

And at least you didn't name it "An Interview with a Vampire."

Darren said...

Melissa,

On behalf of Franklin Graham, thank you for your support of Samaritan's Purse. We are grateful for the many supporters like yourself who make the work possible around the world. Thank you and may God bless you.

Darren Mullenix
Donor Ministries
Samaritan's Purse

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog, and am blessed by it. I think I don't live too far from you, and am looking for a church. We moved to the, um, shall we say: "Hog-town to the north of you" last November, and I still haven't found a church of fellow believers. I finally found a church up in Petersburg that understands soaking and I'll try to get there this week, but that's a bit far. In any case, I read your post from awhile ago about soul sisters, and I totally agree. I just need someone local to share encouragement with. So if there's anyone you don't have time for or that live in northern IoW county, can you connect us? Or share with me where your 'large' church is? Blessings to you, nahrissaatconcentricdotnet. Fill in the at and dot to contact me. My very new blog is withintegrity.wordpress.com/

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Great answers, Melissa! I often think about the interesting people I might NOT meet in Heaven...