June 22, 2007

One More Night

It's Friday afternoon. I'm home, waiting for my man. We're going to pick up a pizza and watch "Ocean's 12" (I think that should qualify for the Honor Your Husband challenge!) We'll enjoy a quiet night at home, before he turns in early. He has to get back up at 2:00 a.m. to head off for a deep sea fishing trip (see how much I'm honoring him?!) Once he's in bed, I'll venture back to CJ's room and get it ready for her return. I'm going to pick my baby up from camp tomorrow (with the right directions!)! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! This week at home has been very different, to say the least.

As much as we've missed her, this week was fantastic. R and I had a chance to really connect again. Not that I don't love him to pieces anyway, but it was nice to really remember why I fell in love with him. And it was nice to be the only girl in his life, for a change. He truly is my best friend. I genuinely enjoy spending time with him. We were married for 5 1/2 years when CJ came into our home and our hearts. This week was a reminder of those days when we were just starting out and it was just us against the world. Aaahh...good times.

The past 8 1/2 years, however, have been the best times. CJ made our family complete. Days without her giggles and insights are less sunny. Bedtimes without her hugs can be downright miserable. R said we've gotten a glimpse of what college is going to be like. I nearly hit him!

So, the girl returns home tomorrow and all will be right with the world! At least for two weeks...until she heads off to another (shorter) camp. I'll try really hard not to cry this time, though.

Melissa

1 comment:

Betty's Loosing Race said...

It is so good to hear about your alone time with your husband. We sure do need those times.

When Bethany, my 9 year old daughter, came back from camp last week she was so excited that she talked about going off to college and how she couldn't wait. I was not ready to hear that. lol!

Good to hear you now have the RIGHT directions. lol!

~Betty~