July 11, 2007

Thankful Thursday





Is it Thursday already? My four days of ALONE TIME have flown by & I haven't gotten nearly as much done around the house as I'd hoped. Probably didn't help that I had my nose in a book ;D

This afternoon, I'm leaving work early to pick CJ up from her second (and last) summer camp. I've been thankful for the time alone with R. (first camp) and totally alone (second camp). But I'm ready to see my girl!

I'm also thankful that I get to spend some time with my former pastor & his family today & tomorrow. Our girls have been at camp together. We now live 2 1/2 hours apart & don't get to see each other as much as we'd like. The girls have been looking forward to camp ever since we signed them up in March. I know they won't want to say goodbye, so I'm also thankful that vacation is two weeks away & they'll be joining us!

Finally, I'm thankful that R. is healthy. He fell while jogging Monday, and we thought he'd broken his ankle. It's just a severe sprain/strain, but it looks horrible. It's getting better each day, and hopefully he'll be back in the swing of things soon.

Go visit Iris and see who else is thankful! And let me know why you are!



Melissa

18 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Glad you were able to enjoy your alone time. I love being able to cuddle up with a good book (or three).

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

alone time? what is that??

:P)

Lisa

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Wow, alone time. Good for yoU!
Great news that the ankle isn't broken but a sprain is so painful! Praying for a quick heal!

Blessings~

Lori said...

Alone time, sanity gathering time...oh how sweet it is. Soak it in =)

Glad it was only a sprain instead of a break.

Have a great day.

Sharon Brumfield said...

We love spending time with our pastor and his wife too--we will be doing a little vacationing with them in a week. Enjoy your time too.

eph2810 said...

Oh, dear - I am so sorry that R strained his ankle. I hope that it will be healed by the time you go on vacation.
It is nice to have some alone-time sometimes, but for some reason I never get done what I want to get done *smile*.
How neat that you were able to meet up with your former pastor and his wife...

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Denise said...

Glad you were blessed with some alone time.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

I am so glad you were blessed with some alone time. Have a wonderful weekend.

In his endless love,

Angel ():)

Lyndy said...

Great post. Thank you for sharing your thankful heart. So glad the ankle was not broken. I did that many years ago and it is very painful.

Have a blessed Thursday.

~Lyndy~

Kim said...

Thank you for sharing your list. We miss them when they are gone but as they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Have a blessed day.

Alana said...

Spending time with old friends is one of my favorite things to do...especially if they are the kind of friends you can pick right up with.

Hope R feels better!

Kate said...

I'm having alone time too. Alone timewith five kids while my husband is away on another trip. But. I'm thankful he's coming home tonight.

Hope R. recovers quickly.

Kate

Melanie said...

What a wonderful list! I really enjoyed it. Glad you were able to enjoy some alone time.

Deedra said...

I'm glad you got to have some alone time! Have a great Thursday!

Deedra

Brenda said...

Praise the Lord that R. is healthy and didn't break his ankle.

And, I like having my nose buried in books! LOL! :)

Blessings upon you! :)

Lori said...

Alone time is wonderful, but it isn't long at all and I'm wanting them all around me again. I never get done what I plan to either. Time just slips away.

Thanks for sharing.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Alone time always flies, doesnt it. Hubby is heading out of town next week for three days and I'm already starting the list of projects - it'll fly by. xoxoox

Hopeful Spirit said...

Summer goes too fast, doesn't it? It is almost time for school to start again here! I can't believe it.

Glad the ankle is ok.

Drop by the newly redesigned On the Horizon!