October 23, 2007

Turf Wars

CJ accepted Christ in August. The first three weeks were glorious. We had a new child. Her spirit was so sweet that it brought tears to my eyes. Now, my tears fall in frustration and heartbreak. I can recall few times that I've felt more helpless. The past few months have seen many battles in our home. Too many to count. At first, I attributed it all to preteen hormones and general angst, but I've come to realize the source of the discord.

I've been naive enough to declare that I'm ready to get violent with S*tan. But I'm not. I can't fight him. I'm powerless. It's time to bring in the big guns.

When you go into battle in your own land against an enemy who is oppressing you, sound a blast on the trumpets. Then you will be remembered by the LORD your God and rescued from your enemies.
--Numbers 10:9


God promised a land to Israel. He also warned them there would be times when the enemy would come onto that very land to oppress them. We can anticipate the same.

The enemy of our souls has invaded my home. He's on my turf. I can't stand up to Him alone. It's time to sound the trumpet and pray, pray, pray. I may be smaller than the enemy, but my Father surely isn't. He's going to remember and rescue our family.

I'm banking on it.

5 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Put it on sister, put it on!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

Lisa Spence said...

The enemy has invaded my turf as well, and I too claim the victory that is rightfully mine. We are more than conquerors and this battle is the Lord's!

"The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you..." Deut. 1:30

Heather C said...

Amen and Amen. Praying for you and your family, Melissa. The Lord your God is with you and He is mighty to save! :)

Heather

Brenda said...

I'll be praying right along with you!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Melissa...as the mom of an 11 year old and a 13 year old (both boys) I feel you when you say that you feel you are in a battle on your own turf. My boys are the loves of my life, and I would do anything for them, including putting on the battle armor and fighting the evil one for them.

Stay strong sister...you are being prayed for, loved on, and there are other WARRIOR CHICKS out there who are fighting with you!

The victory is HIS!!!

Melissa @ Mel's World