May 22, 2008

Pray with Me

I adore Steven Curtis Chapman. Several years ago, we were blessed to attend one of his concerts. The Holy Spirit shone brightly through him, and you could just see his eyes light up when he spoke about his children. Maria Sue was their newest addition, and he was a proud papa.

God took Maria Sue home yesterday. I can't begin to fathom the grief this family must feel. My heart aches for them, and especially for their son. He will carry this burden for the rest of his life. I pray that he will find comfort in His Savior.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
~Matthew 11:29-31

How does a family carry on after this? Only through a miracle of God. I pray that they will claim Psalm 30:10-12:

Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!”You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Several blogs will be going silent for 3 days, in honor of the Chapman family and in memory of Maria Sue. I will doing the same. During this time, I will cuddle with CJ more and thank the Lord for the precious gift of her life. We never know what the future holds, but we serve a God who does. May He comfort the Chapman family during this most difficult time.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I know...I can't even imagine what they are going through. My heart just aches for their family.

His Girl said...

I was just thinking to myself... why haven't I seen Melissa come up on bloglines for a while? Is she on vacation? Then I pop over here and see all the entries I have been missing. I can't imagine why it hasn't been updating! I have a lot to catch up on.

I will be back to read the posts I have missed, but I wanted to just join you in the heartbreak for this family. I'll see you when you return... and will be praying for the Chapmans every time I think of them. *sigh*

Girl Raised in the South said...

I've thought too that this was such a double hurt for that family, losing a child and having another carry such a burden for the rest of his life. But then we all have scars we carry, and Christ can use this someday as a strong, mighty testimony to his healing powers. I'm trusting He will do just that for this young man.