July 16, 2008

Believing God: Receiving His Power

When I think about what God's asking me to do and everything that I need to do to prepare, I get a little overwhelmed. Well...a lot overwhelmed. True, we won't be leaving for Peru until late June 2009. Still, my control-freak likes-to-plan nature tells me I need to start focusing on this now, and I've been zeroing in on what I can't do.

~I can't save $1,000+ for this trip
~I can't speak Spanish
~I can't leave CJ bouncing among houses while I'm gone and R's at work
~I can't share the gospel with hundreds of complete strangers
~I can't leave the comfort of my home for 2 weeks to stay in an orphanage

(I'm sure there are many more can'ts I haven't even thought of yet.)

The simple truth of the matter is that I can't. Not in my own power.

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms
~Ephesians 1:18-20 (NIV)

Something amazing happens when we believe God. We are injected with supernatural power. Not just any old power...but the same power that raised Jesus from the dead! I don't know about you, but I can't think of a problem that's bigger than the power to resurrect a corpse.

For another day, friends, I choose to believe. Not only is it my calling. Not only does it please God. Believing Him gives me the strength to say Oh, yes, I can!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Lean on His power, it will carry you through! I'm leaning, too ;-)

His Girl said...

I've been SO OVERWHELMED by God's provision for the things He leads us to do lately. I just KNOW it's gonna be the same for you, too!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

This post really, really spoke to me today, thank you :)