October 24, 2008

Today's Thoughts

I'm asking:

~Am I ever going to write a blog post with substance again?

~Does my man know how much I love & appreciate him?

~How will CJ do on her reading test today? (We didn't study much because she was feeling bad last night)

~What's happened to the maid at my house? She's been pretty slack lately ;-)


I'm thinking:


~If preteen attitude/drama is just a precursor to teen attitude/drama, it may take a prescription for both me & CJ to survive.

~Buying a book for CJ is not breaking my commitment!

~I seriously love Cary Grant...they just don't make 'em like they used to ;-)

~This was a good read.

~If it wasn't Friday, I'd be pretty depressed right about now.


I'm reminding myself:

~Rewards for obedience don't always come in tangible ways, or even here on earth.

~His mercies are new every day.

~
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him. - 2 Chron. 16:9 (NIV)

~
The Lord God has given Me the tongue of a disciple and of one who is taught, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He wakens Me morning by morning, He wakens My ear to hear as a disciple [as one who is taught]. - Isaiah 50:4 (AMP)

4 comments:

Alana said...

We have a lot of the same thoughts ;-)

Heather C said...

Mmmm... me too. I love the format of this post, Melissa. So succinct, but it really says all that needs to be said... nice.

His Girl said...

i maintain that we are at least partially twins. or you read my mind. something like that.

Jill said...

Just checking in.... I've been MIA for awhile traveling, etc. At least you are writing a blog post...I've not posted much recently at all. Hope all is well.