November 13, 2008

Who Says God isn't in the Public Schools?

CJ's writing assignment this week...

I am Thankful

I am thankful for God the most. The reason why I am thankful for Him the most is because he died on the cross to save our sins. I am also thankful for my parents because they take care of me and take me places and feed me. Another thing is my Church family. They love me and take care of me. One more reason is my house and clothes. My house is something to live under. My clothes keep me warm.

************

On a day when we found out about layoffs at R's job, I needed to read this! We are praising God that R still has a job, but 50 people are losing theirs next week. The Lord keeps telling me over & over to TRUST. That is my prayer.

Pretty appropriate that, before I even knew about this, I chose this verse for Memory Monday with Joanne:

LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
~Psalm 16:5-6 (NIV)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Did you know that there is a Christian Club at the Middle School? One of the teachers asked a girl that attends our church to lead it. Almost 100 kids attend. I would love for Brandon to go and he seemed interested when he told me about it but you can imagine that as an 11 year old boy, he keeps that side of his life very private and he's shy about it. Thought you'd like to know since that relates to your title today. Public schools really aren't all that bad...... Love ya, Tabby

Alyce said...

God is good...CJ did a great job :)

Jill said...

I loved CJ's writing! Adorable and touching. Sorry to hear about the layoffs. My hubby went through that this spring and has really been blessed through it all. But we hurt for those who are still looking for work.

Lisa Spence said...

Love it and LOVE that verse--one of my lifelines as well!