December 10, 2008

Around the House: December

I'm thanking God for:

~His provision
~the wonderful group of Godly young women He has brought into my life
~a church family that loves me, my man & my girl
~Christ come to earth
~my 18th Christmas with R.


I'm thinking:

~if the angels in Heaven sound much better than Josh Groban singing Ave Maria, I probably won't be able to contain myself!

~I wish I knew what God is up to around here

~I should write the final two posts in The Balancing Act series...but I'm not very balanced right now.

~candy canes should be a year-round treat, and so should the Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark squares

I'm planning:

~a cookie-decorating, ornament-exchanging Christmas party for CJ's friends on Saturday

~an upcoming dinner for my boss & his wife...my Christmas present to them each year


I'm enjoying:


~morning quiet time by the Christmas tree (sorta' like Joanne)
~my Netflix subscription. Blair, Jo, Natalie & Tootie are due in the mail today
~family Advent readings

I'm hoping:

~to start the gift wrapping this weekend (while drinking eggnog & watching a sappy holiday movie, of course!)

~to finish reading this before I have to return it to the library Monday

~for more snow, but Virginia weather is often screwy. Temps are spiking 30° 2 days this week.

I'm anticipating:

~going to one of our church shut-ins tonight, while R administers communion. Christmas Communion away is one of the highlights of the year for our family.

~the Deacon banquet Thursday night, catered by our pastors. Not only can these men preach the Word, they both can cook like you wouldn't believe.

~my birthday present. It's not til March, but I'm so excited because Elizabeth George is coming to our state convention's annual women's conference that weekend. A Woman After God's Own Heart radically changed my life and was the catalyst for the Pursuit of Peace & Simplicity.

I'm praying:

~to trust Him more fully
~for His continued protection & provision
~to get out of the way & let Him work
~for clarity on a few things
~to see beyond all the twinkling lights, pretty paper and, yes, even the sappy holiday movies...to turn my eyes upon Jesus & look full in His wonderful face during this season.

3 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Look at your new design--very peaceful and wintery. Love it!

And I loved The Facts of Life as a kid too.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I loved this post...very creative...you write well even in list form! :-) And I especially agreed with the remark about Josh Grobin...his voice...amazing

Unknown said...

Love your new look! Not sure how long you've had it up.

I LOVE my Netflix for TV series, too. I just heard someone on the radio who used to write for Facts of Life. He was funny -- talking about how he was this young single guy writer, but he had to write for these sarcastic girls and always come up with a lesson.

Is CJ watching with you too?