January 27, 2009

Life Rolls On

It's the start of a long, busy week. I scheduled too much, I know. I have to take Southern Living at Home when it comes, though.

I'm struggling to get through a book that I need to finish. Sadly I wish it would end already so I can get to the rest of the books on my list.

Tomorrow is my last night of Bible study with the girls. I'm going to miss them so much. I'm getting a little weepy just thinking about it. They've asked me to still hang out with them some, and I plan to do just that. I've fallen in love with them and the way they live boldly for Jesus. Several of them are going to Peru with me, which I know will strengthen the bonds we share. God's given me some incredible opportunities to minister to the girls and to others, in the most unexpected ways: an email from a stranger, a phone call from an acquaintance, and several prayer requests from friends. It's a responsibility I'm blessed to carry, and one I don't take lightly.

I'm already looking forward to Friday. R, CJ & I will travel to my alma mater to watch the girls' basketball team. I get a kick out of watching CJ during the game. She really gets into it. I'm hoping our night includes dinner at my favorite deli.

Saturday will be our first full day at home since R's had weekends off. It will be filled with the joy and excitement only cleaning can bring...and that's fine by me. Having him home with us is thrilling all on its own.

Speaking of cleaning...I worked myself into a dither this past Saturday, and still don't feel like I got much accomplished. It's probably because I'm famous for putting off cleaning my bathroom for as long as I can. Then it takes a good chunk of my day to restore order. When R was working weekends, I was at the mercy of his erratic sleep schedule. Now, I have no excuse. Which led me to my new cleaning plan. I'm really tired of being overwhelmed by all the cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I'm learning the practicality of God, and of giving even the mundane tasks to Him. (I'll keep you posted, because I'm sure you be waiting with bated breath for my updates.)

That's all I've got for now. Not exactly gripping news, just the ebb and flow of life.


6 comments:

Alana said...

Hope you find peace in this week even with all the busyness!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I like these kind of posts...just normal everyday life stuff.

So...what's your alma mater?

Oh, your sweet friend Jillian saw our FB exchage about that dress me up plate and has one she wants to send me. How sweet is that? I'm thrilled!

much2ponder said...

Hello, been a while since I stopped by, but tonight I thought maybe I would see what's happening over here! Seems you are a bit overloaded at the moment, but I want to encourage you and urge you to take care of you.

You work so hard for so many people; please make sure you are getting your rest and exercise. Oh those two words in the same sentence don't really sound right do they? Well exercise is just as important as rest.

I know even when I am really dragging after working all day, if I push myself, especially this time of year, to jump on the tread mill for 20-40 minutes...it perks me up. ( I read on the treadmill too so it helps me to do two things at once:)

I am saying a prayer for you tonight that the Lord will give you favor in the area of peace and rest; that you will find pockets of time within your busy day to just be with him and you will be filled and blessed in the process. Amen.

Kelly said...

Sounds like a busy, busy week, but also full of lots of good stuff:-) The game should be a great time, and oh, how wonderful that your husband is home on weekends now. What a blessing!

Good luck with your SLAH... hope your parties are fun and goodies:-)

Jill said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the game. What fun! It took me ALL AFTERNOON to get my kitchen/keeping room cleaned last Sunday. I started it when everyone was outside and of course the minute I put mop to floor the troops returned. It's a never-ending cycle for me.

Heather C said...

A busy but fulfilling week. Thanks for posting... I love hearing the small details of your life, and how the Lord is working through them. :)