October 20, 2009

Around the House: October

Reading: The Inheritance (Louisa May Alcott's first novella) and Real Simple: The Organized Home.

Enjoying: cooler temps. So cold last week, we turned on the heat & the gas logs. Aahh...

Learning: just how blessed I am as a wife & mother.

Watching: CJ morph into a young woman right before my eyes.

Anticipating: going to the symphony in a couple of weeks.

Realizing: God's agenda & mine are nowhere near each other at times. And that saddens me.

Pondering: Only a passion for God's glory can overpower our self-interest. - Susan Hunt, "Spiritual Mothering".

Studying: Titus 2 and Spiritual Mothering

Wondering: if and when I'll return to semi-normal blogging. I think perhaps this is the "new normal". And that's okay.

Remembering: that the state of my house directly affects my moods.

Praying: for opportunities to encourage others.

What's going on in your home these days?





3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Love what you said about the state of your house affecting your mood! Same for me...no wonder I'm so cranky today ;)

I'm gonna steal this idea today, I'll link ya ;)

Kelsey said...

The state of your house really does effect your mood! Great post!

Kelly said...

I agree with you on so many of these! Recently I have really been convicted of being the one to set the tone for our home, and recognizing the state of the house affects mine, I've been trying to be more diligent about maintaining those areas that make me cranky.