October 9, 2009

On the Brink of Insanity

Hello, my name's Melissa. Apparently I DO still have a blog, even though I haven't posted anything meaningful in who knows how long. I didn't intend to take a hiatus. But, as a good friend and I were recently discussing, blogging is the easiest thing to take off a full plate.

What a full plate it's been.

The bathroom remodel? Well, I can't see the wall studs anymore. Praise Jesus...we have drywall! Hopefully the tile man cometh next week, and this nightmare will be behind me in just.a.couple.of.weeks. On the bright side, it's going to be gorgeous when it's done and I'm going to appreciate my bedroom more than ever. Nothing says "sanctuary" like having racks of clothes, boxes of shoes, and a tall medicine cabinet in your bedroom! To celebrate reclaiming my space, I found a stunning cream wingback chair at the thrift store today and snapped it right up for a new reading nook.

Another silver lining is that we've been motivated to do some other things around the house that have desperately needed to be done. Still miles to go, but at least it's a start.

Middle school? I'm happy to report that CJ is doing remarkably well. But balancing chemical equations and learning Spanish...in the SIXTH GRADE?!

Between homework and housework, I've come close to shutting down. Reminds me of life before the Year of Peace & Simplicity...and I don't like it one bit. I've been telling myself it's only for a season. I know I'll feel better once I can put everything back in it's place.

Of course, my spirits are lifting because my favorite time of year is upon us. Seems I spend most of the year longing for October thru February. Bonfires, flannel sheets (if I can find them!), hot tea, and curling up under my favorite blanket with a good book soothe my soul.

I'd like to say I'll be back soon, but I honestly don't know. (I just hope I return with as much zeal and insight as Lisa...who's ended her hiatus with some seriously great reading.)

In the meantime, friends, remember that it's all




7 comments:

Toni said...

We look forward to your return to writing. Even if you only post occasionally, it's always fun to read.
Sometimes life just gets in the way, or at least that's what I keep telling myself as my blog also sits dormant.

Carrie said...

=) Well, even sporadic posts are welcome so no pressure.

I LOVE great thrift store finds. What an amazing treat! Congrats on that.

And I do hope your remodeling project wraps up very quickly.

Jill said...

Whew girl - I'm getting weary FOR YOU and that bathroom remodel. I can only imagine how much you want the medicine chest MOVED! ha! I've not been a very good blogger (or blog reader) lately either, except when I write about how on the edge I am. Have a pumpkin muffin and enjoy your weekend!

Heather C said...

You post, I'll read. Nice to get a snapshot of things in your world right now. Thanks for sharing! :)

Alana said...

I think all of us can relate! Hope your remodel gets done soon. Those things make me a little crazy...I like everything in it's place!

His Girl said...

I hear ya, sistahfriend! Hoping you're all remodeled and refreshed and revived soon! I miss you!

(but TOTALLY understand, since I'm in the same boat!)

Lisa Spence said...

Love, love, LOVE October through February too!

Can't wait for some pics of your remodel! How exciting!