November 24, 2009

What's On My Nightstand: November

What's On Your Nightstand


I don't do much reading in December because I'm usually camped out in front of the TV overdosing on Fa La La La Lifetime, ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas, and Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas. Every once in a while, I'll forego the sappy holiday movie in favor of a sappy holiday book.

This year, I'm making a few exceptions. My December reading goals are:

~Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin. Just waiting on my library to process it. I'm looking forward to reading this book more than any I've read in a long time.

~Learning to Live Financially Free: Hard-Earned Wisdom for Saving Your Marriage & Your Money by Curt & Mary Beth Whalen. I've already read and reviewed this one, but it's taking on a whole new meaning these days.

~Preparing for Jesus: Meditations on the Coming of Christ, Advent, Christmas and the Kingdom by Walter Wangerin, at the recommendation of my good friend Joanne. This will be my morning devotion reading.

~Home for the Holidays: The Forgetful Bride\When Christmas Comes (What...you didn't think I'd include at least one sappy holiday book?!)

So, what about you? Do you read in December? If you want to play along, head on over to 5 Minutes for Books and link up.






8 comments:

DebD said...

I love Walter Wangerin (both his fiction and non-fiction), but haven't read anything by him in years.

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

I'll be reading like crazy. It's the only time of year I get to have extra hands around so I can bum around and read "sappy books"! Well not really but if I wanted to I could. :) I might read one by Robin Lee Hatcher.

morninglight mama said...

Now that I've finally whittled down my really out of control review pile, I'm looking forward to a little just-for-me reading this month! :)

Unknown said...

LOL about the holiday movie indulgences.

Everyone is talking about Going Rogue as you probably know. If you want to write it up for 5M4B, I'm sure people would be interested in your thoughts!

Carrie said...

Oo! Tim Challies reviewed Going Rogue today and said it was a must read. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Nise' said...

Sarah Palin's first stop on her tour was in our town, but I did not want to stand in line for 15 hours to get a signed copy. A couple of my friends were troopers thought!

Jill said...

Uh-oh. You won't like the post I just wrote...hee-hee. But I do love fa-la-la-la Lifetime!

Lisa Spence said...

DYING to read Going Rogue! Put it on my wishlist so we'll see. May have to use my amazon gift certificate to get it, especially since Challies recommends it! :)

In preparation for the Christmas season, I'm re-reading Nancy Guthrie's "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus." VERY good!