January 20, 2010

Announcing The Week in Words

Although I'm not a wordsmith, I love words. Love them. (Just ask anyone who knows me. I've always got plenty to share.) One of the things I enjoy most is seeing how other people put them together. Think about it. A few carefully crafted words can make you laugh, cry, or dream. They can completely change your perspective and your life.

Anyone else?

Lately I've found an abundance of good words from many different sources. Words that have inspired and encouraged me. Words that have spoken to the depths of heart, and words that have made me laugh out loud. Words I want to share.

And I want you to share the words you've found. So I'm creating the "Week in Words" carnival. Playing along is simple, just write a post of the quote(s) that spoke to you during the week (attributed, of course) and link back here. They can be from any written source, i.e. magazine, newspaper, blog, book. The only requirement is that they be words you read.

Let's start on Monday the 25th, shall we?

I won't pretend that I can create some cute button to go with this carnival, but if anyone else can, please do ;-)





9 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Sounds fun! I'd love to participate...IF ever I get back to blogging. My computer time has been next to nothing here lately!

Daisy said...

Sounds like a great idea!

Leslie said...

I'm all about it!

jenmom said...

This is a GREAT idea!! I will certainly play along!!!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

This does sound like fun! I'll try to give it a go! :-)

Leah said...

That's a great idea, Melissa! I'll help you create a button if you want. =)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Love this, Melissa!

Susanne said...

I love quotes! This sounds right up my alley. I'll have to remember that it is here on Mondays.

Marianna said...

As an avid reader I can definitely get behind this idea! I'll try to put up a post this coming week!