March 1, 2010

The Week in Words - March 1

http://breathoflifeministries.blogspot.com/2010/01/announcing-week-in-words.html


I've done very little reading lately. Between a horrendous work week and helping my husband with his college and job applications...I've been BUSY. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to visiting everyone who's been linking up. I've been a terrible hostess. I hope you'll forgive me, and that my life will be back to normal soon.

In the meantime, these are the nuggets I gained this week:

There is something better than pursuing our own dreams of security and passion and significance. It is finding our security and passion and significance in God's dreams for us. - Nancy Guthrie, Hoping for Something Better: Refusing to Settle for Life as Usual

RT @kirkfranklin:Soldiers, these R tough days. but YOUR hands aren't big enough to fight this battle. that's why you're tired; 4 THE BATTLE IS NOT YOURS...!

RT @tweology: For his own glory, God has foreordained whatsoever comes to pass. (WSC. 7)


Now it's your turn to share the words that inspired you!











3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Sorry you've had such a heavy week! Hope things settle down soon.

I mentioned this on your nightstand post, but I am really looking forward to reading Guthrie's book.

And amen about the battle being God's and our needing His strength in our weakness.

Susanne said...

Hope this week is easier on you!

Love that quote by Nancy Guthrie. It goes along with what I've been reading lately.

Lisa writes... said...

Great words! Well worth pondering!