January 1, 2013

2013: The Year of Growing

I've typed numerous versions of an opening sentence for this post - none quite right. I suppose the best way to begin is to do just that. And so I start typing, on the cusp of a new year. I wonder what it will bring. After 2012 - a year filled with joy and grief unspeakable - I'm hesitant to even venture a guess. I have a shadow of an idea floating in the recesses of my mind, a slight thought of what I want the coming months to look like. I close my eyes, breathe deep and put them in the hand of the One who holds time in His hands, praying for grace to accept the shape in which He chooses to mold them. The reluctance with which I do so brings conviction, and the knowledge of what I need most in 2013 - growth.

Growth in my understanding of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Growth in my relationships.
Growth in my appreciation of the beauty in this life.
Growth in my willingness to do hard things.

And so I have deemed 2013 the Year of Growing. Where it will take me, only God knows.

3 comments:

Kim Shay said...

I will be praying for you, dear friend!

Leah said...

Oh, Melissa - that is a great theme for the new year! You do much better at pressing on than I do, and I glean so much from the things you share. Hoping you continue!!

Happy New Year, my sweet friend!

Becky said...

Great theme, sister. Praying that the Lord will bless us as we encourage one another to grow in His likeness.

Love you!